Main My profile Registration Log out Login
SGL Team
Thursday
18:40
Welcome Guest | RSS LoginRegistrationMain
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Lounge » General discussion » Your mention to the project.(The Long Way Game)
Your mention to the project.(The Long Way Game)
LuesalDate: Saturday, 16.10.2010, 18:23 | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Ok. Really the game isnt made yet but here you can talk about it's future. Discuss new features and make suggestoins here.

Sgw32Date: Monday, 18.10.2010, 22:52 | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
I'm an admin and lead game developer))
So, let's begin this discussion:
(concept doc)
Game Story:
The year was 2016. A world was in an extremely unstable situation. In Russia, the president plundered and ruined the country and the people were about to start a revolution. After the president betrayed his country, he fled to his bunker in Novaya Zemlya. Three hours later USA Forces crossed the border of Russia, and started the Third World War. Next year something strange happens in USA, a very big disaster. The war was finished, because USA Forces weren't able to continue it, but without a central ruling government, Russia was split into many smaller countries.

Now, in 2017, our world is in ruins.
The capital of Russia - Moscow was destroyed with many rockets and weapons. Miraculously, here in Moscow, many people survived and still live in their flats. Most of them established/joined local gang clans, creating a very unstable situation. The railroad in the northern region is still working, even though many regions of Moscow lie in absolute ruins.

Mihail Dmitrievich, our main character of the game, lives near this railroad in his old flat in a partly abandoned building. From Moscow, every day, he rides on the train to his workplace, in Dolgoprudiy, a small town, not even slightly damaged by the war. Many people from Moscow migrated there after the war. Gang clans control Dolgoprudiy and they do not like visitors from other towns. Mihail works in a research lab, specializing in weather forecasting. Now, their focus is on strange blue clouds appearing every night.

On this sunny March Monday, the entire day had gone horribly wrong for our hero. First, he missed his train, and he must until another train comes. When he finally comes to Dolgoprudniy, he founds that many people are escaping from the town by the train. Also, his bus In Dolgoprudniy cannot drive him to his lab. Normally this bus goes directly to sector 14, where the research lab is located. The bus driver has fled. Mihail decides to walk to research lab by himself. When he reaches it, he knows a very bad news from his friend, but he was late... Next happens what he didn't suspect and it finally separated his life to "before" and "after"! He does not suspect what else will happen today, and what the HELL he must survive the next 14 hours!

The story mentioned on moddb is only a half of the full story of game! I'll upload it, when the half of game will be ready!

The game story is based on my "The Long Way" mod for Half-Life 2™
Moddb.com
Many people said that this mod is bad, and I want to total remake it.

Features:

The game uses the Run3 Game Engine.

* Horrible and strange atmospheres
* Many sci-fi and outdoor locations
* Ingame computers - you can use them to open blast-doors
* More than 30 weapons
* Clever, pathfinding NPCs
* Stereo 3d - via Anaglyph imaging
* Lip-syncing
* Ingame Physics
* Heavy-Metal and Ambient soundtracks
* Many cut-scenes
* Unique Russian military transports, such as MRL "Smerch", "Topol-M" and others
* Monsters

The game consists of at least three episodes:

I'm a game developer.
My other sites:
http://sgw32.ucoz.ru
http://mobport.my1.ru/

cgmanDate: Friday, 22.10.2010, 22:22 | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
so, i'll try to write in english)) Idea is good, as a part of this team i will do everything to help our admin. I've not bad ideas about game scenes etc. Good luck, i hope we will achieve our goal

Sgw32Date: Friday, 22.10.2010, 23:20 | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Administrators
Okay ,all quests are welcome to ask their questions!

I'm a game developer.
My other sites:
http://sgw32.ucoz.ru
http://mobport.my1.ru/

Forum » Lounge » General discussion » Your mention to the project.(The Long Way Game)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright SGL Team © 2024
Site managed by uCoz